- In which Brookner novel is there a reference to a poem by Philip Larkin?
- To whom was Brookner referring when she wrote: 'he did not in fact write much until the most active part of his life was over, and this of course is what sets him apart as a writer'?
- The BBC adaptation of Hotel du Lac was filmed on the banks of which Swiss lake?
- Which English poet is quoted at the start of Chapter 8 of Altered States?
- Esquives ('Dodges') is the French title of which Brookner novel?
- Dolly in A Family Romance lives in which Freudian location?
- What did Brookner list as her recreations in Who's Who?
- Which Brookner character is imagined 'low in spirits, undermined as if by some Jamesian vastation'?
- What connects Brookner’s Look at Me, Günter Grass’s From the Diary of a Snail and W. G. Sebald’s essay ‘Constructs of Mourning’, published in Campo Santo?
- What did Anita Brookner put into her mixed fruit tisane to give 'an impression of well-being'?
Monday, 2 January 2017
The Anita Brookner Challenge
Inspired by that round on University Challenge, some more Brookner questions: